Not going on exchange?
Mosman French school is proud to offer a French immersion experience like no other, right in the heart of Sydney. Rather than an exchange, where very little structured French learning can take place, our immersion workshops provide a week of French-speaking interaction PLUS daily language lessons.
Our immersion week is run by experienced and qualified French teachers who have an in-depth knowledge of the requirements for Senior Students. Suitable for both IB and HSC learners going into Year 12 (confident French students going into Year 11 may apply). All activities are targeted to students in Years 11 and 12, and have specific learning outcomes to maximise success back at school.
Our immersion workshops offer:
- 5 full days of French learning
- An “all skills” approach, developing reading, writing, listening, speaking and grammar
- A range of learning activities including games, role plays, quizzes, picture stimulus and more
- French cultural activities and appreciation such as cooking, film, music, art, restaurant outings
Details – Immersion Workshop Monday 20 – Friday 24 January 2020
- 5 days from 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Students return home each day to complete set homework (e.g. a nightly writing task which is then corrected with feedback)
- Learning program includes French language lessons, conversation classes, film viewings, and discussions
- Daily listening exercises, similar to IB and HSC formats, corrected
- 2 lunch excursions to local French-speaking establishments
- Where possible a French cinema experience
- All morning/ afternoon teas provided
- Mosman residential location with private classroom
Immersion Workshop cost:
$950 per student
The course fee includes:
- 25 hours tuition
- All workshop materials and a comprehensive workshop booklet
- 2 lunch excursions, including travel
- All morning and afternoon teas
N.B. Places are strictly limited to ensure a high teacher to student ratio. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment. The course fee includes a non-refundable $200 deposit. Cancellations must be received 5 business days prior to course commencement in order to avoid a further 25% cancellation fee.
Teachers/ Parents: If you would like to discuss running a private Immersion workshop just for members of your class, this can easily be arranged. Please contact us to talk about the needs of your group and to find out what’s possible.