For Year 10 (NESA) & Year 12 (IB Ab Initio)
This mini-Immersion workshop is specifically designed to cater to an “intermediate” high-school level, including Year 10 NESA and Year 12 IB Ab Initio students. The workshop aims to develop all skills across themes such as identity, the environment, leisure, and work. Students will be exposed to texts, film & TV, listening extracts which will broaden their understanding of French culture and identity. We will work on the production of informative and imaginative texts, effective verbal communication and interactive skills.
Our mini immersion workshop offers:
- 3 full days of French learning
- An “all skills” approach, developing reading, writing, listening, speaking and grammar
- A range of learning activities including games, role plays, quizzes, picture stimulus and more
- French cultural activities and appreciation such as cooking, film, music, art, restaurant outings
This 3-day immersion experience is run by experienced and qualified French teachers who have an in-depth knowledge of the requirements for high-school students. All activities are targeted to students in Year 10 (NESA) or Year 12 (IB Ab Initio), and have specific learning outcomes to maximise success back at school.
Details – Mini-Immersion – 6-7-8 June (long weekend) 2020
- 3 days from 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Students return home each day to complete set homework (e.g. a nightly writing task which is then corrected with feedback)
- Learning program includes French language lessons, conversation classes, film viewings, and discussions
- Daily listening exercises
- 1 lunch excursion to local French-speaking establishment
- All morning/ afternoon teas provided
- Mosman residential location with private classroom
$595 per student
The course fee includes:
- 15 hours tuition
- All workshop materials and a comprehensive workshop booklet
- 1 lunch excursion, including travel
- All morning and afternoon teas
N.B. Places are strictly limited to ensure a high teacher to student ratio. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment. The course fee includes a non-refundable $200 deposit to secure your place.
Teachers/ Parents: If you would like to discuss running a private Immersion workshop just for members of your class, this can easily be arranged. Please contact us to talk about the needs of your group and to find out what’s possible.